Monday, February 16, 2009

The big day

Today was the big ultrasound. The baby is healthy, and looks normal, except she is in the 96th percentile. Yep - I said SHE. Sadie is going to have a little sister to push around. Sadie was also big - 10 pounds 12 ounces, a little early, and no - I didn't have gestational diabetes.

Since this one is also most likely going to be big I will opt for the repeat c-section. It was an emergency with Sadie, and while I have the option of trying for a vbac, I'm not crazy. Sadie was the talk of the birthing center when I had her. She looked like a 3 month old sumo wrestler. I forget how big her head was, but it was bigger than I want my vagina to be.

We didn't get any great pics, but here's the best of them:

Spine and head


Parasitic alien



Bottom of foot
Photobucket

6 comments:

none said...

I love ultrasound pics. thanx for posting them. Congrats on another girl. Love you Guys!

Andrea said...

Yay!
I am so happy to know so I can start buying stuff!
Very happy for you and Mark!

Anonymous said...

i think i counted six toes on that foot. better call the circus.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

You're all heart, Jeremy.

kimberkara said...

CRAP!
I accidentally hit reject on Kris's comment:

"Congrats to big sister Sadie!

And don't listen to Jeremy, Kim.
Especially in matters of extra toes...Just sayin."

Are you saying that HE has an extra toe? Are you sure you're not confusing that with his penis? Does he have a sense of humor? :D

Booya said...

Come on, go for the VBAC.... got to find a way to work a tacky comment about Scoot and a coffee can in there... give me a minute... DAMNIT, I got nothing!

On a serious note, congrats! Here's to a happy and healthy baby.