Thursday, May 7, 2009

another pity party

I don't really want to talk to anyone about my mood. I don't know how much of my emotions are effected by hormones and how much of my life is making me just this miserable. Did I mention I needed a vacation??

Sadie does not like her newest daycare teacher. For the first time in over a year I saw her at the door crying - anguished - pulling away from the teacher and crying mommy mommy mommy...
I sat there for a minute and then left. It really broke my heart to leave her like that, but that's what I felt was right. If I went to her then she would do it every day. If she still does it every day then I will tell the center and take her somewhere else. She should love her daycare and her teachers. She should be sad to leave at the end of the day. I called the center a little later, after my own sobbing subsided, to ask her what Sadie was crying about and she said "mommy". She said she stopped after I left. I don't like her either. She's not affectionate or maternal and I don't know that I've ever seen her smile.

What the hell... I'm a mess.

2 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I didn't know what to say about this when you wrote it, and after talking to you about it in meatspace, I guess everything worked out. I was concerned that I would sound callous online.

I am pretty sure I sounded callous when I was talking to you, but the lag-time between me sounding like a dick and apologizing for it is much shorter.

Andrea said...

Awww that's not a pity party. It would be hard to see her do that. Shit I was willing to go to a gas station and get her apple juice just so she wouldn't pout. I get it.
I am sure/hope very much that you feel better once you get rid of all those pregnancy hormones.