Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Miss Violet

First of all let's discuss her middle name. There have been no epiphanies, and Mark and I disagree. He would like to see Violet Marie, or Violet Louise I like Violet Skye. Look, there's a good chance she's going to be an "interesting" person - and I think the name will fit. Skye is different for me as I like more traditional names, but I just like the way it sounds. I refuse to give her a common boring name like Marie (how Spanish is that anyway?!) or Ann, or Lynn... Grace is okay. Anyone got my back here? Convince Mark for me - he thinks it sounds too "fake hippy". I feel like we both have to agree... on what I like! :P

Today I am 32 weeks, 5 days pregnant. We had an ultrasound this morning. The tech was cool, and the waiting room was empty, so we had a great session, including 3D!!!!! I always ask and they always say no. He decided to do it before I asked. Here she is:


She should weigh around 4 lbs, but was estimated to be close to 6 lbs - over the 97th percentile, just like Sadie. Sadie was 10 lbs 12 oz and even induced a little early. She is head down now, as suspected, because I swear I felt her turn this weekend. She was sideways on Sunday. Everything looked great on her, except for some minor fluid on one of her kidneys. I really don;t know what they were talking about, but I know that the average measurement is 7, she is 9 on one, but it's not a red flag until it reaches 11. They said they see it every day, and more often than not it's a non issue. We get to see out girl on June 17th to look at it again. I have had so many ultrasounds this pregnancy!

I love watching her move. Doesn't she already look like a plump perfect little baby? I swear she already looks like Sadie too. It would be nice if the girls resembled each other despite having different fathers. My 2 brothers and I all look like our 3 different fathers and that's kind of lame.

Anything else? Due date is July 10th, C-section is scheduled for July 3rd, first appointment of the day. I would love to go in to labor before that, but we'll see. Just a week before. I'm going to try the old wives tales options. Lots of sex and spicy food. I can't walk her out because my pelvis is causing me considerable pain. I am officially uncomfortable most of the time now, even when sleeping. I am actually in considerable pain when I move my pelvis, as it is too loose and grinds on itself. Mark pushed me to my appt. in a wheel chair this morning. There is no way I could have walked the mile to the U/S place from the parking garage. I can't handle grocery shopping anymore. I got a temporary handicap permit for my car and I'll be damned if I can ever find an open handicapped spot! How did it happen? Seems like I used to see tons open and I would think what a waste of space - when are there going to be 30 people in wheelchairs in Target at the same time?? Fooled me.

Time for me to wish I could nap at work.

7 comments:

cassdawn said...

i'm still wondering when violet became a done deal. well, i have to agree with both of you or disagree with both of you - however you want to look at it. i don't like marie or louise. but violet skye sounds like you are describing the sky.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Violet Skye sounds like a character in a teen drama that pretends to befriend a member of the debate team in order to publicly humiliate him.

Violet Louise sounds like the thoughtful protagonist in that teen drama that is a member of the debate team, and helps the chess club and debate team realize their potential and show up the popular kids.

kimberkara said...

Violet Louise sounds like the fat ugly girl that never gets asked out to the dances.
Violet Skye sounds like an upbeat girl with a sense of humor who can make up her mind without the forces of peer pressure clouding her judgement.
Think we are projecting our childhoods just a bit? lol

Andrea said...

Violet Louise is the nerd in the back row of class who is quiet and shy. I say give her a name that she will not share with anyone else in her class.

Name her Violet Femme so she can fuckin rock out in the back row of class! WOO!
:)

Violet Juniper Arnold?
Violet Clementine... no.
Violet Lane Arnold? Uh... mm...
Violet July! She will be a July Baby!

Violet July Arnold.
There you go.

You're welcome.
:)

Krissyface said...

Violet Alice. So Victorian.
I do like Violet Skye though...it's got a nice flow to it. OMG, she is so cute. I am freaked by the 3D ultrasound.

Mommy Phoenix said...

I like violet skye, its pretty and different and does sound upbeat. hope you go with that one.

krista zee said...

hmmm, Alice?