Monday, November 17, 2008

Holiday Fun

funny pictures of cats with captions

Mom is ready to start putting up Christmas decorations. I think we should follow tradition and not start until Thanksgiving is over.

I can understand wanting to begin now though. It is a festive time of year, when everything sparkles. It makes the freezing air and sticky snow acceptable instead of miserable. If I had a bigger house I might be more excited, but seriously - where are we going to fit ONE MORE THING??

A friend is a real estate agent. She says people are just buying houses for nothing and abandoning their current house. My credit is awesome. How big of a hit would I take? Should I feel bad about even thinking about it? I don't think I would feel bad at all. I didn't get myself in this mess. All I did was buy a house because it was a "sure way" to make money. Now I owe more than it's worth and could get a MUCH better house in a MUCH better neighborhood for LESS THAN HALF of what I owe on my house. ReFUCKINGdiculous. My friend just sold a $160k house for $30k in a good neighborhood! What am I waiting for? I can buy a house now then it won't matter about my credit. Plus like I said my credit is awesome, so even if I lost 100 pts, it would still be pretty good.

I really think I might contact her. She says she's got 6 pages of good houses she could show me today. Could I get a loan? Only one way to find out. My house sucks.

3 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I feel that taking a hit in your pocketbook is better than taking a hit on your credit. However, I will support you in whatever decision you decide to take. All possible options suck.

Mommy Phoenix said...

Think of it this way, if you have this other house,and you dump the current one. Sure you'll take a hit on your credit, BUT you'll be rebuilding with the new loan right away. Also, its not such a big hit right now on the credit scores to drop a house. Plus you'll already have the new house, for cheaper. Its definately a thought to go ahead and take a look and see if you can get a mortgage.

Andrea said...

Your house doesn't suck, it is just too small.
Get a house on my street!
:)