Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas Giving and Turkey

Before I whine about my life that really isn't bad enough to whine about, I will begin by giving you an opportunity to do something nice for some kids for the holidays:


My friend Lisette from high school has a child who is doing a project regarding the gingerbread boy.  The gingerbread boy runs away (maybe the kids were abusing him or something) and he sends postcards from around the country/world.  You find a local post card and write a note from him telling the kids what he was doing and where he was at the time of the sighting.  Send the postcard to:

Deena Bevil
Rylander Elementary School
24831 Westheimer Parkway
Katy, TX 77494

Maybe I won't whine today.  Maybe I'll try to be more concious of what I have that is good in life.  I want to try to make Thanksgiving about more than the big meal, ya know?  Sadie asked me what Thanksgiving was the other day, and my first answer was "we eat a lot".  Well hell, we eat a lot most days, don't we?  So here are a few things I am greatful for today:


my basic needs are met - a roof over my head that does not leak, a job to help pay the bills, food so that I don't go hungry, and a man to keep my bed warm at night.

My children.  I could write a book about that, but in short I am grateful that I was ABLE to have children and that they are beautiful and intelligent.

The caring that I feel from my friends and family, which must be close to unconditional, since I'm an ass most of the time.  My mother takes care of us like it's her job.  I sure as hell wouldn't do that for my kids!

And to round off today's love fest I am also glad to have Hot Tamales in my life.  Those little cinnamon candies that make me sick after I eat 50 of them in a sitting.  I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I love you, and I am thankful for you.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!