Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I am fascinated with Ike, as it rolls in to Texas. I think I am especially interested because I have some online friends who live in it's path. Christine lives 1/4 mile from the coast and another lives in or near Houston. Christine evacuated yesterday, leaving a business that opened just a couple weeks ago.

I have always gotten a kick out of the power of nature, and I don't think Ike will disappoint me. I found some webcams in Galveston that were pretty cool, but they went offline late this morning. I am frequenting www.weather.com here at work and watching the video. I love watching people try to give reports in high winds and heavy rain! I love destruction (as long as it's not my stuff)! Everything short of people getting hurt is so cool to watch! How lucky am I to live in a time where we can watch hurricanes land?

I'm going home and turning on the weather channel.

P.S. - we had a frickin plague of flying ant things in our neighborhood yesterday. the grass sparkled with their wings. WTF?

No comments: