Thursday, September 4, 2008

Republicans

Hrm.

I watched Sarah Palin last night, and John McCain tonight. Palin is... charming, tho her voice could get on my nerves. McCain was not as good of a public speaker as Palin, but I liked what they both had to say. I appreciated the fact that McCain didn't pretend that the republicans did well these past eight years. He implied by telling us all of the things that he will not do. He led me to believe that he is a humble man, partially due to is POW days, and who doesn't respect POW's fur cryin out loud.

I watched Obama as well. I did not see his VP. He was also charming and said some things I liked.

So, are they full of shit like all of the other politicians that I have given the time to listen to, believed in them, only to be disappointed later?

Now I'll have to keep an eye out for the debates. Right now I am leaning towards McCain. I just don't want to choose wrong, you know? Does my vote count for shit? I don't really know, but I still take it seriously. Crap. I hate politics. A LOT.

4 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I must admit, there is something freeing about choosing someone who doesn't have a chance of winning.

Kim, I respect and applaud your agonizing over this. You are a patriot.

Andrea said...

I think I am going to vote for McCain. I think he is the lesser of the two evils. I think Obama is a bit of a douche, truth be told. Which is too bad, because it would be nice to have a democrat in office. I think he has a good chance!

Good for you for researching it.

cassdawn said...

yes they are full of shit. mccain has completely changed his , well, nearly everything, since the last time. and i really liked the guy the lst time. the bottom line is that even if he means what he is saying the house and congress aren't going to allow that kind of massive upheaval. and of course, there is always the social issues to be concerned about (abortion; gay marriage; evolution{i can't effing believe this is even a conversation} and prayer in school to hit the big ones)not to mention the war - although at this point i can't decide if it's better for us to stay or go . . . but i digress

i usually vote for third party simply because i usually can't stand the democrat or republican in question but this time around i'm doing it because i think there might be some actual numbers for the third party. and third party etc. is a time that should have come a long time ago. something has to change.

let us call an end to the douchebaggery

Krissyface said...

I always vote democrat because I honestly don't believe the republicans have the best interest of the hardworking, middle/lower class american citizens at heart.
Just look at what we've done in Iraq, and how many giant corporations are benefitting from it. They had rebuilding contracts in place before we even invaded. And that scares the bejesus out of me.