Sunday, September 14, 2008

I has Kittens

I was getting ready to go to out last night when I heard my mom yelling from outside "Kim, come quick!". I ran outside into the rain, thinking she found a hurt raccoon in our garbage can or something, but instead saw he pulling a soaking wet kitten through the fence. The kitten immediately snuggled to mom. I heard another kitten, so I ran into the jungle of my neighbors back yard and grabbed another one. This one was also soaked and dirty - and spitting! I rubbed it's chin for a minute and it relented.

So, now we have 2 wild kittens that were in the rain with no momma in sight. Mom says maybe we should put them back. I was thinking something must have been wrong if they were out in the rain alone, so I brought them in the house. They cleaned up well and are adorable, of course. They seem to be about 4 weeks old - 5 at the most. They have some teeth and like to play. I will care for them for a couple weeks, then find good homes for them - to people who can afford to fix them.

The lady two doors down feeds the feral cats. Now, instead of couple roaming the neighborhood, like a few years ago, there's like 20. I say if you love cats and worry about their well being, fix them. She's gonna have 40 cats next year. Eventually she's gonna stop feeding them, and then there's gonna be a LOT of dead cats in this neighborhood.

I have dreams about kittens. I LOVE kittens. This is cool! I wish I could keep them.