Monday, June 16, 2008

So excited!

I think I may have mentioned previously that I do not have any storage space in my house. I have a three bedroom bungalow, and at one time had the house to myself. My brother moved in to my basement, so all of my belongings came up stairs, mostly to my bungalow space. Then Sadie got my spare room, as well as my 2nd dresser and everything in that room went upstairs as well. THEN My mom moved in to my bungalow space. My room consists of a bed, dresser, broken night stand and a bunch of crap on the floor. There was no place for MY stuff!

My Christmas present from mom was paint to refinish my room and a bedding set. The paint has been sitting underneath a pile of random crap for months. I had no motivation to do anything with it. We just picked up sheets a couple weeks ago and I just need a cover to match the paint.

My mom and I went to TEC furniture, who are going out of business. I saw a bedroom set that I love and would look awesome in my room, once it is cleaned up. It was a great price and even though I feel kinda guilty spending moms money, she offered and I said yes!

For the first time EVER, I will have a new bedroom set.

Mark came over on his "lazy Sunday" and helped me paint the first coat on my room last night. Earlier yesterday I cleared my room. I bagged up 3 bags of clothes I don't wear. I put a bunch of stuff in boxes for a flea market we are going to work at the end of this month. I am so happy! My room is going to be nice. It's going to be Sadie proofed. It's going to MATCH. We are picking up the furniture Wednesday. I will take pics of the finished product. Woo hoo!!