Monday, August 4, 2008

Mark

So, Saturday night we had a casual blog discussion with a group of friends. I said the honeymoon phase of our relationship must be over, because Mark does not expound on his love for me anymore. He said he would still do that if I blogged more often, and not just youtube nostalgia videos.

I'm not sure if that means he's been holding back on his feeling for me, or maybe it means he doesn't have the same feelings for me because I don't blog often enough. My guess is that he pulled that reasoning out of his ass and has nothing to back it up with. After all, our relationship is not based on blogging at all, as far as I know.

I think that our relationship has moved to a level of comfort and he is no longer consumed by amazement that he loves me and I love him. As it should be, right? I too am comfortable in our relationship. But - I still like reading about me. I suppose he likes reading about himself too, tho when I did it before I think he felt like he was up on a pedestal, because I only wrote down his wonderful qualities, which made him uncomfortable because he is less than perfect.

Mark and I complement each other. I crave affection, he likes to be affectionate. He likes big butts, and he cannot lie... I got that going on, and I like tall and skinny. He is smart and capable and I know it and he needs to know it too, so I help him feel more confident, as he does for me too. We fit together well and how nice it is to be comfortable after only 5 months. Oh yeah... we BOTH like sex... woo hoo! He makes me want to be a better person, and I think I do the same for him.

So, there. I have blogged. I even blogged about him, tho he did not even imply that that was what he was looking for... but perhaps that was what he meant.

Look at this: He even carries my purse for me... now that's a man in love, who is secure in his masculinity!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Joe C said...

Nice purse, Mark. ;-)

As for expounding, here's the deal: it shouldn't be done so much that it eventually is taken for granted. It's a trap some of us have to fight to avoid. I know that when I expound on a lady, I can go over, so I stop. It doesn't mean the guy isn't thinking about you, but there's times when it's better to do it, and times when it's not.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Thank you Joe, I think it really brought together my whole outfit.

Yes, Kim. I pull things out of my ass all of the time. I honestly have no idea what I am doing most of the time, but I do know this: I love you, and I want to support you and be there for you, and let you know how awesome you are, 24 / 7 / 365.

I just sometimes don't write about such feelings in my blog.

Joe C said...

Some things are best left for private.

kimberkara said...

I don't think I'm a very private person, but I can dig it.

Krissyface said...

I think you guys are adorable and inspirational. I love that picture...you look like such a happy little family.

Now, go and have some sex for me, will ya?

Andrea said...

Well said Krissy! Or Krissyface, whatever you prefer to be called!
I have known Kim for almost 5 years, and with the obvious exception of Sadie, I have never seen her as happy as she has been since she has been dating Mark. It makes me very happy to know that one of my best friends found a good guy and is finally reaping the benefits she deserves!
Kim, I went through that whole "things are different!" phase with Aaron and I but you're right, no longer being amazed is normal. After a while they fit themseleves as a permanent fixture into your life instead of being the awesome thing you wrap your life around. I am tired... does that make sense? That is the best way I can say that as of now.
Bottom line is yay for you both, well you three ;)... I am very happy for you.
:)

Stepho said...

Fabulous picture. I wouldn't even have noticed the purse, except that you mentioned it in the post. Maybe because I'm used to seeing men carrying those over the shoulder "briefcases" which are TOTALLY purses.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two found each other... even if it was at one of Stacie's parties.. lol
It's obvious you were meant to be. Love you both! ::hugs::

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two found each other... even if it was at one of Stacie's parties.. lol
It's obvious you were meant to be. Love you both! ::hugs::

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two found each other... even if it was at one of Stacie's parties.. lol
It's obvious you were meant to be. Love you both! ::hugs::

krista zee said...

Double AWWW