Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things

I'm not going to post rules or tag people. I did that on facebook. Here is what I wrote there:

1. I have been ignoring all the tags from this stupid 25 Random Things crap, but I swear 25 people have tagged me so fine.

2. So far, I have lived in 5 states and want to go south west next.

3. My first child was conceived at age 35 via donation.

4. I helped my cat give birth. Every time I tried to leave she'd follow me with a kitten hanging half out of her.

5. I found my first gray hair at age 21 along with my first wrinkle.

6. I am fascinated seeing the resemblances between children and their parents, but can't see the likeness between myself and my daughter.

7. I used to want to be a ballerina, gymnast, actress, archaeologist, beautician, glass blower, ceramicist. Pretty much in that order.

8. I like to play games - card, board, darts, puzzles, alone or in competition. I am highly competitive.

9. I have still not figured out the thing I am supposed to do when I grow up. I think about it a lot, but nothing seems right.

10. Every part of my body is over sensitive. For instance I don't like fans blowing on me because it tickles the tiny hairs on my body and drives me insane.

11. I cannot get really really drunk. My stomach gives me the stop signal before that happens and I listen. I have never passed out.

12. I have never broken a bone on my body, not been hospitalized until having a baby.

13.I have done more drugs than just about everyone I know, but now have absolutely no interest in doing anything, nor do I even take prescription drugs. Except maybe X. That was pretty good.

14. My musical preferences are all over the place, but pretty much boil down to harmonizing voices. Harmonizing voices give me goosebumps every time.

15. I have a hard time remembering names. So much so that I still don't know the names of my daughters daycare teachers.

16. I have owned 13 vehicles so far. Most of them shit the bed on me.

17. I have been to 13 different schools. 9 by the 9th grade.

18. I dress for comfort most of the time, but would love to play dress up in fancy Victorian gowns every day.

19. I worked on a small organic vegetable farm for years, but rarely ate anything from the farm.

20. I collected 50 porcelain dolls over the years knowing that I liked them because I really wanted my own child. They are in storage now waiting to see if my daughter would like them.

21. I love yard sales and they have ruined my ability to buy retail. If it costs more than a quarter it's too expensive!

22. I do not have a favorite color nor a favorite number.

23. I use an old blanket for a pillow and have done so for a very long time. It is way more comfortable than a pillow. The one I use now is from my freshman year in the dorms at KCAI.

24. I can't decide if I want a girl or boy this time around. I always wanted twins - one of each, but that's not going to happen because this is IT.

25. Now I'm a little depressed. I had a hard time thinking of anything about myself that would be of interest and this is all I came up with. Oh well. I'm good at not dwelling.

2 comments:

cassdawn said...

well, i would tell you something nice about your list - like - we have more in common than i thought; it's an interesting list but since you didn't do that for me ttttthhhhhppppppppttttt!! :)

Booya said...

#4 is ... interesting