Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Burlington Coat Factory

My email to their corporate office:

In the interest of keeping a business profitable in Michigan I would like to bring an important issue to your attention. I visited your Westland, MI store on Saturday January 17th with every intention of buying a coat, even if I didn't find one I really liked. I needed a new coat badly! I went to the section that was tagged with my size and found every size available from small to 3x. I do not have the time or patience to search through your thousands of coats to find the correct size and fit. I put down the hat and gloves I was going to purchase along with the coat and left disappointed. I will not shop there again and I doubt I am the only person who feels this way. Sincerely, Kim A

They responded with a form letter as expected - your opinion is important to us blah blah blah.

But then they actually sent me something I wasn't expecting. It's the response to my letter that the customer relations person sent to the store manager:

I'M DEEPLY SORRY THAT THE CUSTOMER FELT THIS WAY. WE WILL PULL A TEAM
TOGETHER TO RE-SIZE THE COATS UP TO COMPANY STANDARDS. IF SHE WOULD LIKE
TO RE-VISIT THE STORE WE WOULD GLADLY HELP HER WHEN SHE COMES IN.

ST 530

YOLANDA LEE
STORE MANAGER

Then the Customer relations chick said thank you and sent a copy to me. It's not much, but it wasn't just a form letter and that is something. They still fucked up the most important part - where's my coupon/gift card?? I'm still not going back, but I would have if they had sent me a gift card. I'm just going to order online or most likely I'll just see the rest of the winter out with my hoodie. The worst of the cold has to be over, right?

7 comments:

Booya said...

Umm Kim, one word for you, February. Go get a coat.

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I think you should go to a physical store. Ordering online takes too long. I think Burlington should get points for actually responding with a real person.

Still, yeah, a coupon / gift card would have clinched the deal for them.

cassdawn said...

burlington gets points but keep in mind - they don't take returns. ever.

Krissyface said...

Is it me, or is this the coldest winter ever?

Buy the coat, Kim!!!

Hey, I have a secret admirer back on my blog. He sent you several special messages on my second-to-most-recent post. For some reason he's got a message for Cassie as well. Sorry, Cass.

Gross, I'm just gonna ignore that crackpot.

kimberkara said...

Yeah, but it's been really cold already and I survived. I'm gonna have to spend $ I don't have on a coat big enough to fit myself and a fetus in right now and then what? I'll have to get pregnant again so I can get my money's worth.
Burlington doesn't take returns? That's WHACK!
Yeah I started moderating when Nutjob entered our lives. I like to poke at the crazys. It's fun. Anyway, what happened to him for a few days there... was he on his meds? Was he institutionalized fo rthe weekend? I'm curious.

Mickys Favorite Bloggers! said...

Since Micky Loves Us All SO Much! Lets Love Him Right Back! Add Me to your Blog Roll! And have fun! Talk to those of us who have been harassed by the Infamous Australian Here!

Micky Lovers Unite!

A Blog is a Terrible Thing to Waste ....

Please pass this blog on to your friends who have been harassed lets have some fun at his expense!
Repent! :)

Krissyface said...

Mark, are you responsible for this? You are one sick mofo. Kudos, my friend. Kudos.