Monday, January 26, 2009

The McGriddle

I have been eating breakfast out almost every day for the past 4 months. I switch between McDonalds, Dunkies, and The local diner. Today for the first time ever I decided to try the McGriddle. It kinda tasted good. It tasted good until about 1/2 way through then it was pretty gross till I stopped eating it about 3/4 through the sandwich. I feel pretty gross now.

The good news is that I am two pounds down from last week, where I had a four pound gain! That means that I have only gained 2 pounds in the past 4 months of pregnancy! And NO, I am so not starving myself. I am eating pretty much whatever I want while watching the fat and sodium to to a degree. I swelled up horribly with Sadie, and would like to avoid that, so I try to make sure the protein is high and the sodium is low, but I still eat crap like McGriddles sometimes.

I still haven;t told my bosses I'm pregnant. I was told to expect a Christmas bonus, and I know I won't get one if I'm pregnant. I want to be paid for my time off. Last time I was in the hospital for a week and took 3 weeks after to recover from the C-section and spend time with my girl. It sucks, but I will do the same this time and in exchange I want them to pay me for those 4 weeks. Hell, I actually covered a shift 2 days after I got home last time.

I was wide awake last night around 12:30 am freaking out about money. What will I do if they don't pay me for my time off? How will I afford daycare for 2 children when I can't afford it for the one? I am out $300 a month from losing my basement dweller and mom is tapped. I shouldn't worry. The worse that could happen is I can't pay my mortgage and I lose the house, right? I hate my stupid falling apart house anyway. I wouldn't mind another basement dweller, as long as they can reliably pay their rent on time and are quite and honest. It's a decent basement. Well, it will be once I replace the shower. All the parts are in my back yard.

My bedroom is a mess and that adds to my anxiety. I don't put clean clothes away and it's a mess, but resting is always the option I pick when I have free time.

I have to interview people now. We are probably one of the few companies hiring in Michigan right now.

4 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I can't control all of your worries, but I can fix the shower... with help. Tell me when you want it to be done, and it will get done.

If you would like, I will put your clothes away for you. I don't know if you want me to touch your things, though...

I want to help as much as I can.

Stepho said...

I wonder if your bosses would allow you to do your job from home, if they could route the phones to you?

kimberkara said...

Scooter, It's my mess and I'll feel like an ass if you did it. OTOH I keep thinking about it but don't do it so... I don't know.

Stepho, yeah I should be able to do payroll from home, but my main job here as the manager is to put out fires and make sure everone else is doing their job. I am HR, I am the problem solver, and I am the final word under the owners of course, but they're never around.

none said...

Your a hard worker, and it sounds like they'd be lost without you. Maybe because of that they'd be more willing to help you and try to make somthing work, like working from home like stepho said.