Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another whining post

Turns out I'm losing my medical coverage from U of M. It was good while it lasted. It was awesome actually. They tossed my bills for a year and a half - like charity. Nice of them, Don't you think? My work offers some shitty plan now through the county. I have to pay monthly and the benefits are mediocre. I don't think I'm going to bother. If I get a brain tumor or something I'll quit work and get on the medicaid anyway. The pregnancy is already covered by medicaid. It still sucks to lose the charity coverage.

I couldn't listen to/watch the inauguration today. the WWW was swamped is my guess. I could watch 2 seconds then it would pause for 20 seconds. So frustrating.

I was told today that I need to keep an eye on Sadie's weight. I was really concerned when she was tiny, but I relaxed about her weight. Now I'm told to worry again. She was 99th percentile for everything at first, but now her height is 75th percentile, which makes her heavy for her height. She looks perfect to me, but I guess I'm wrong, tho when I said so are you saying she looks fat the dietitian said I didn't say that - just keep an eye on it. And then she told me to keep doing the same - not to even switch her to 2% milk yet. Okay then - I'll just keep an eye on it and watch her get fat?

You know, today has just kinda sucked, but everything else is just little crap. Traffic sucked, weather sucks, lunch sucked... whatever. Hard to say if I'm just being moody. I don't think it matters why, does it?

3 comments:

none said...

They told me to watch Tidus too, except he was on the opposite end. I think that whole percentile weight thing is all just a bunch of hogwash if the kid is healthy and happy thats all that matters. I woundn't worry too much about Sadie. It sounds to me like she is both happy and healthy and from her pic. you posted she looks like a perfectly healthy little girl.

cassdawn said...

did you guys talk about her diet at all? that may seem like a stupid question but i know a guy at work his doc told him he had to leat less. then the more we talked i found out they had never even discussed what he ate to begin with. in all fairness to the dietitian she has to say just watch if it's only once because sadie could be between growth spurts. a second or third visit then you are going to have to do something. 2% milk is a bad idea at this point because tehre is something about the way the brain develops and the fats in milk until the age of two. better the 100 percent brain and a few extra pounds. but ultimately i know that you are worried about how she will turn out later in life. to that end - try to remember that they put me on skim milk at about a year cuz i was so fat. granted now i have weight issues but that's cuz i'm a mental case.

what i am personally coming to in my own head is that what is most important is what we model. i have GOT to stop drinking soda.

i'm sorry you had a bad day - i hope tomorrow is better xoxo

kimberkara said...

Thanks guys.
Cass - I suppose a few more months on whole milk won't kill her. I worry that I will be blind to her being a fat kid. Mom says she's cute and all baby's have a pot belly, but I don't know. It's hard to look at her objectively. You know, as fascinated with likenesses between kids and their parents as I am I rarely can see myself in her, even though people bring it up all the time. I see glimpses sometimes, but that's it.