Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby needs chocolate

I just wrote that title and hit enter - causing my blog to be published. I considered leaving the blog that way, but that would probably only amuse me. But then you're not going to be entertained by what follows anyway so to hell with you I'll do what I want.

I have a headache, but other than that I am having a decent day.

Here's the latest reason why: I got hit by the chocolate bug a minute ago and thought I was screwed, but I checked my stash drawer here at work and it has as many caramel kisses as I need to satisfy this child's craving. I say it is the baby's craving because sometimes I want chocolate, but I'm happy with a bite and usually only when my period is coming. Now I want some chocolate motherfucker and you had better not stand in my way of it or I'll kill you. My baby is apparently a selfish asshole.

Also: I have such a good child. I was reminded of that fact while watching my friends child. He is 3 and actually creeps me out a little. He hisses. He contorts his face and makes horrid noises for a really long time. He will just start jumping up and down and screaming with his contorted face and he does it for a really long time - it gets uncomfortable after a while. It's disturbing. Sadie was looking at him like he was nuts. She was telling him "no" when he crashed her toys around. I have a good, conscientious child with common sense. Thank goodness. I hope the bugger in my belly is as good... but I doubt it. No one is that lucky.

Plus: I am a minimalist when it comes to my house. Not that you can tell by looking around in my house, but what's a woman to do with so many people living in a 1000 sf house? Anyway, I wanted a nice armoire for my living room to tuck in the corner that would hide all of the electronics and movies and TV and clear some space in the tiny room. Instead I ended up with a ginormous entertainment center that took up half of the room. I hated that thing every day. I've been trolling craigslist for some time, but the few pieces that I liked were out of my price range. We found one selling for $250 at an estate sale on Saturday and bought it for 1/2 off on Sunday. I borrowed the $125 but it was worth it. It took us all day yesterday to get the living room rearranged and cable wires moved and blah blah blah, but Mark got everything wired perfectly the first time and I am PSYCHED!!! I'm like best-present-at-Christmas psyched. yay.

I'll be getting enough back from taxes to pay off my car and entertainment center with some left over to pad the bills. It's not a vacation, but I like to have my bills paid.

That's all for now. 5 caramel kisses later the headache is still there. Maybe a slurpee would help.

5 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I can get a slurpee to you some time after 10 PM.

Stepho said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! When I got to "I'll kill you" I had to back up and read that whole paragraph out loud to Bryan.

cassdawn said...

well hold out hope for a great baby cuz i was a chocolate fiend with kai and like you, a tiny piece every now and again was fine pre-pregnancy. so the good news is they have actually done research that says that chocolate during pregnancy leads to a happier baby. the bad news is the increased like of chocolate stays - it lessens but it stays.

Booya said...

The best line out of this post by far. "I've been trolling craigslist for some time, but the few pieces that I liked were out of my price range." I see you and Mark in such a different light now, haha.

Krissyface said...

Caramel kisses ain't chocolate, Kim. go get a snickers, goddamn it!