Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I think too much

Or maybe I don't think enough. Sometimes it seems like my day is full of a bunch of nothing. I try to think of something smart to write about here, but nothing smart is happening. I don't care and then again it bothers me. I am having a reflective day and my reflection bores me.
An old high school friend contacted me via facebook. He was troubled as a teen. He still battles depression, but has a successful life. He owns his own business and enjoys what he does. He finished art school, something I failed to do, and designs furniture now. He has a website and everything. I guess it makes me feel kinda lame. What have I accomplished? What can I accomplish? The important question, I think, is what do I want to do? I don't have an answer. So here I sit. Less depressed than my old friend, with not much to show for it. I'm just gettin by. The only really cool thing I did of worth is bring Sadie in to this world and any chick with working plumbing can do that.
Blah! OK, well, I will play trivia tonight, and hopefully get in to a better mood. Right now I'm kinda feeling like an ass. Hey... maybe I need to get outside more. Get some frickin SUN.

free music


blimey-icons

2 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Being a mother isn't HAVING a kid, it's giving that kid a decent shot at the world. You are kicking ass and taking names in that respect, dear.

Every time I think of Bob Denver, I remember why I haven't looked into getting an ultra-light.

Krissyface said...

Did you ever read that book "Sunshine"? About the hippie mom who gets cancer and starts writing a journal to her little girl before she dies? Oh god now THAT is depressing.

From one mama to another, don't EVER think that you aren't doing AMAZING things with your life every day that you are loving and taking good care of your daughter.
art school? Eh. Website? Double eh.
Mothering? Nobody who hasn't done it could even imagine what a job it is. And to do it well? That is simply beautiful.

Now, go get some sun!