Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend

I had a good/busy/stressful weekend.

Good: Saw Iron Man with Mark on Friday. I had so much to do for Sadie's birthday party that I should not have gone, but I wanted to. I made the bourbon chicken marinate beforehand and we still made it before the movie started. Had sex throughout the weekend. Sex is guuud.
Busy: I am a procrastinator. I usually throw evening parties and can prepare that day. Sadie's party was for 25 people who showed up at my house at 11:30 am. I was not prepared. The BBQ was not set up, due to the BBQ man being in the hospital for an MRI, and his wife,my cousin lost her grandmother. Then their son got things going and burned the shit out of the chicken. I guess Bourbon is hard to cook and also, I just learned that it should have been started 2 hours earlier. Wait... I'm getting ahead of myself... that goes in the stressful category. I baked 2 cakes after the movie. 2 cakes before the parry. Macaroni salad before the party. Cleaned. Baked beans... you know... a bunch of party stuff I was not prepared for.
Stressful would be having a house full of hungry people with not enough food. Dang it! The chicken was ready after everyone left. It was eaten at the "survival" party later that night.
Saturday night, after a little nap (and sex hu huh), we went to Stevies for the survival party.

Mark explored his semi naturalist side after only a couple beers. Most of my friends need more liquid confidence, but he comes by it naturally I guess. Mark had to work early the next morning so I was one of the first people to leave my own party! Not that I'm complaining. I was tired and wasn't very stimulated at the party, aside from Mark that is.

Sunday... a lazy day. Napped when Sadie napped. Looked at sheds at Home Depot, bought annuals, pulled some tulip bulbs from the lawn, played w Sadie outside. Caught up on some DVR'd shows. Boring, but good.

Tonight we have a movie night planned for Jesse's new flat screen in my basement. True Romance. Mark has never seen it! Oh so good!

1 comment:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

It was a great movie! Thank you for letting me be manly and do yard work on your dead bushes. Clothes, man... they aren't so special.

KGILY, eh?