Friday, May 30, 2008

Fasting

I have to fast for about 30 hours for a colonoscopy. Everyone who has had to fast this long has told me how horrible it is going to be. The colonoscopy is the easy part according to them.

I decided I wanted to try to look at it as a positive fast. A lot of people fast for spiritual purposes. I am not very spiritual. haha - maybe I will be after a fast! Maybe I will like the way I feel and will want to continue for a couple more days. There is a lot of information online. The groups advocating fasting are a lil bit odd, but hey, I like odd.

So, I begin my fast Sunday morning. Clear liquids only. Monday afternoon is the procedure. I can do this.

I want my mindset to be positive, not miserable and whiny. Wish me luck!



Oh, did I mention I have to take some hard core laxitives? Woo Hoo!!!!

Mark wants to fast with me. Isn't he sooo cool?

3 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

When I was younger and just discovered the internet... I sometimes fasted for 20 hours or more...

You're Kim. You can do this.

Krissyface said...

I had one of those things a few years ago when I had stomach problems. Turns out I was just eating too much tofu. The fasting is kind of unpleasant, but you feel really purged of toxins afterwards, and empty in a serene kind of way. If that makes sense.

Plus, the drugs they give you for the procedure are out of this world! I remember going into a very peaceful semi-sleep and waking up with a strange feeling that I'd been somewhat violated (but for a good cause).

Hee hee! Too much information, Kristin.

cassdawn said...

um, no, no that isn't cool - people in ethipia don't fast and neither should mark - i'm just saying