Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Day

I like the idea of April Fools Day, if it means getting up to no good and having fun, but I can't think of doing anything that is not mean. Pranks are usually mean. Everyone thinks pranks are funny, except the victim, and I don't want to be the victim of a prank, so I can't play one on anyone. can I? I thought about blogging some sort of prank... about having a sex change operation, or getting married, or suicide but none of that is funny. Making up a story is basically just lying, and that's not funny even if it's for fun. So, happy birthday Scott, my cousin. Poor bastard was born on April 1st. I am still trying to think of something clever to do to celebrate the day, but most likely I will just be glad at the end of the day that no one did anything mean to me.

1 comment:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

You know what? I would have to agree with you about the whole prank thing. Most of them are simply being malicious with an excuse.

Of course, I did hear about one that is pretty harmless and funny. If someone has an office with windows, get some tape and a plastic liner, make a reservoir behind the windows, and then fill up the reservoir with popcorn or packing peanuts.

Before the person goes in to his or her office, it looks like the entire office was filled with popcorn or packing peanuts. Then, when the door is opened... "OH!"

Then, you can tell the person that works in the office that now they can fool new people that come to visit them...