Thursday, April 17, 2008

KCAI

I have many MANY fond memories of my time at the Kansas City Art Institute in Kansas City, Missouri. I had a few places I loved to hang out, like this one spot at the Nelson/Atkins Museum that felt like the edge of a cliff, or on top of our house on Warwick Street. The first year I lived in the dorms, at the art institute. Outside of the dorm back doors, looking over the center of the campus, was a very large, obviously old, Ginkgo Tree. I loved that tree. I learned to climb quickly to a comfortable branch that was nearly horizontal and wide enough to hold my body gently and comfortably. From my perch I was able to observe friends and strangers while often unnoticed. Some days I just lay on that branch so comfortable that I could almost fall asleep, feeling like a giant cat taking an afternoon nap in the jungle. I miss that tree and I miss the peaceful energy it emanated.

Photobucket

1 comment:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I couldn't live in a place without big trees. I really couldn't.