Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bored

I finished payroll. Online games are boring me today. I feel unfulfilled. Bored. Antsy. Chilly. Did I say bored? Hungry... I am splitting a Chinese lunch with Stevie, so I should not eat too much today! I am quitting the Coca Cola habit for a while, or at least quitting at home and work. It eats at my stomach and makes hunger painful.
So, I'm thinking I need to add something interesting to my life, like maybe ceramics. Mark and I can find interesting stuff to do - like bike riding and taking Sadie for a walk as well as other aerobic activities, but he is waaay out there and I am here, and we don't see each other often enough to keep me busy nor is it his job, so...
I bought my house thinking this is way too much room for one person! I own a 1000 sf, 3 bedroom bungalow, w/ basement. I already had a cat and picked up another to keep the 1st one company. Then I moved my brother in to the basement, which is a separate apt, and moved my storage belongings to the bungalow space. He went to Iraq and my other brother took his place in the basement. I got pregnant and moved all of my stuff in the 2nd bedroom to the bungalow space so I could convert the room in to a nursery. My mom came to stay for a couple weeks after I had Sadie and hasn't left. She occupies the bungalow space. I gave me dresser to Sadie. My office desk went in to my bedroom, so I had to move my cedar chest to the upstairs. The desk eventually ended up in the basement with the computer for my brother. So... I used to have a house to myself with more room than I knew what to do with. Now I can't even make space to do some ceramics and run the kiln that is stored in my eaves. My bedroom is reduced to 1 dresser and a bed, so all of my "stuff" has no place. I like everything in its place. I really DO! My 2nd br is Sadies, my upstairs is my moms and my basement belongs to my brother. The living room is crowded with toys and cats and more stuff. Oh and I don't have storage in my yard.
Ceramics? HAHA!!

2 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

When Mom, Liz, Joshua, and Daniel went to Chicago to visit my mother's parents, the house was like a tomb. I couldn't live alone... I would be lonely.

Still, It would be nice if you could have your kiln...

You are Kim, Kim. You know how to set goals and get things done... I am sure your mother and brother will accommodate you if you really want the space for ceramics...

SF housewife said...

Hi, nice to see you in internet, I'm Helen, I write blog almost every day, feel free to stop by.