Monday, April 21, 2008

Sadie's Story... briefly

I could write a book about my daughter Sadie, and why she is here, but I'm just going to sum it up instead. I started a journal when I decided to conceive her and some day I may transfer the info here, but not today!

I spent a lot of time in the gym getting healthy and a lot of time on the computer trying to meet Mr. Right. I went on a lot of dates, but never found anyone worth my affections. I was sitting in front of the computer one day reading the juvenile responses to my ad (sexy pic... lets fuck), and realized I am 34! Just because Mr. Right has not appeared, or was passed up, that should not mean I have to be childless. I had been waiting for the ideal situation all of my adult life. I have wanted children since forever and have been careful not to conceive a baby when I was not prepared... married, employed, housed, insured... but dang it, I was 34! So after much consideration I decided to go for it. I found a willing man to give me the one thing I needed help with, who knew he would not need to be part of the child's life. I conceived the first time I tried! I loved pregnancy as much as I thought I would. Sadie was born May 2nd, 2007. She was 10 lbs 12 oz and perfect. She is my reason for living. I hope I don't screw her up!

2 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Your daughter is beautiful. She really is.

Krissyface said...

I love this story. You are a very strong woman and I admire you! Can't wait to hear more about Ms. Sadie.
Single Moms Kick TOTAL ASS!!!
(oh, and the online dating thing? Totally with you. Ridic).